Jennifer James Koenig, CHMM
Lead Auditor, Sr. Regulatory Specialist
Jennifer has over 25 years regulatory compliance experience and as an environmental, health & safety manager. Experience includes a broad variety of duties such as providing compliance audits, designing regulatory programs and instituting and implementing training programs to meet Quality Standards, OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations. Her special areas of expertise include: quality systems, regulatory compliance audits, design of regulatory compliance programs, identifying workplace hazards, significant aspects, hazardous waste characterization, TSD facility audits, regulatory training and regulatory reporting. Jennifer’s exposure to a broad variety of industries allows her points of reference to many clients’ industry-specific requirements.
Jennifer assists clients in understanding the intent of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certification guidelines with an eye towards practical integration of a system in a lean production environment. She specializes in assisting clients in finding innovative ways to meet program objectives in a manner that gains the corporate team buy-in to the process. Recognizing that there are many ways of achieving objectives, Jennifer takes the approach as coach and counselor and guides clients in making decisions they will be happy with years later.
Many companies seeking ISO 9001 and /or 14001 certification or compliance, also integrate an 45001 health & safety certification. Towards this end, Jennifer will assist clients in creating a unified approach to compliance both from a regulatory standpoint as well as to meet certification standards.
Jennifer is experienced in identifying risks related to quality processes and creating a value-add quality management system. She has experience with quality systems in a variety of industries and can bring that expertise to assist with your organization’s goals.
Areas of Experience
Types of industries –
Jennifer’s clients span a wide cross section of industrial, service and healthcare firms. General industrial categories include automotive, process coating, woodworking, tool and die, electronics, plating, stamping, plastics companies and more. In addition to industrial manufacturing clients, Jennifer is also familiar with food processing, environmental service industries, laboratories, laboratory testing instrumentation and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Statement of Qualifications
Jennifer can offer program documentation, plan implementation and other consulting services on any of the following topics:
OSHA Topic Expertise
Confined Space Entry
Emergency Action Plans
Personal Protective Equipment
Safety & Health Compliance Audits
EPA Topic Expertise
EPCRA (Community Right to Know)
Environmental Compliance Audits
DOT Topic Expertise
DOT Security Plans
ISO Topic Expertise
Assistance with Integrating multiple ISO schemes into a single management system
Consulting for certificate transitions
Mentoring for new ISO coordinators
Internal Auditor Training Programs
- Current – Owner/Sr. Regulatory Specialist – ECS Audit and Compliance Services LLC (aka Environmental Compliance Source LLC) (10 years)
- ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015 & 45001:2018 Certified Auditor
- Environmental & Health/Safety Compliance Auditor
- Environmental Consultant designing regulatory programs, negotiation with regulatory agencies for permits or inspection issues, and regulatory training.
- Thru ECS served as a contract auditor for a large certification body (registrar) for 10 years as a lead auditor in QMS, EMS and OHS.
- Founder/VP Sales for laboratory instrument repair service
- Founder/VP Sales for vacuum pump repair service
- Founder/Managing Director for laboratory gas equipment company
- Environmental Manager/Hazardous Waste Broker Sales for chemical blending firm
- Founder/Sales Mgr of an Environmental Laboratory
- Buyer for dairy cooperative with 26 plants
Education / Certifications / Training
- Certified through Exemplar Global for all schemes under Certificate # 204599
- EMS 14001 Lead Auditor
- HSMS 45001 Auditor
- QMS 9001 Auditor
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)