Jennifer James Koenig, CHMM
Lead Auditor, Sr. Regulatory Specialist
Jennifer has over 25 years regulatory compliance experience and as an environmental, health & safety manager. Experience includes a broad variety of duties such as providing compliance audits, designing regulatory programs and instituting and implementing training programs to meet OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations. Her special areas of expertise include: regulatory compliance audits, design of regulatory compliance programs, identifying workplace hazards, significant aspects, hazardous waste characterization, TSD facility audits, regulatory training and regulatory reporting. Jennifer’s exposure to a broad variety of industries allows her points of reference to many clients’ industry-specific requirements.
Jennifer assists clients in understanding the intent of ISO 14001 and 18001 certification guidelines with an eye towards practical integration of a system in a lean production environment. She specializes in assisting clients in finding innovative ways to meet program objectives in a manner that gains the corporate team buy-in to the process. Recognizing that there are many ways of achieving objectives, Jennifer takes the approach as coach and counselor and guides clients in making decisions they will be happy with years later.
Many companies seeking ISO 14001 certification or compliance, also integrate an 18001 (and soon to move to ISO 45001 program down the road. Towards this end, Jennifer will assist clients in creating a unified approach to compliance both from a regulatory standpoint as well as to meet certification standards.
In addition to EHS certification, Jennifer also has achieved lead auditor status in the ISO 9001 scheme. She has assisted former employers with development of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and been trained as an internal auditor. During her work with laboratory and laboratory service companies, she developed quality programs under 9001 and 17025 standards.
Areas of Experience
Types of industries –
Jennifer’s clients span a wide cross section of industrial, service and healthcare firms. General industrial categories include automotive, process coating, woodworking, tool and die, electronics, plating, stamping, plastics companies and more. In addition to industrial manufacturing clients, Jennifer is also familiar with food processing, environmental service industries, laboratories, laboratory testing instrumentation and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Statement of Qualifications
Jennifer can offer program documentation, plan implementation and other consulting services on any of the following topics:
OSHA Topic Expertise
Confined Space Entry
Emergency Action Plans
Personal Protective Equipment
Safety & Health Compliance Audits
EPA Topic Expertise
EPCRA (Community Right to Know)
Environmental Compliance Audits
DOT Topic Expertise
DOT Security Plans
ISO Topic Expertise
Consulting for certificate transitions
Mentoring for new ISO coordinators
Internal Auditor Training Programs
- Current – Owner/Sr. Regulatory Specialist – Environmental Compliance Source LLC (9 years)
- ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015 & OSHAS 18001:2008 Lead Auditor
- Environmental Compliance Auditor
- Environmental Consultant designing regulatory programs, negotiation with regulatory agencies for permits or inspection issues, and regulatory training.
- Founder/VP Sales for laboratory instrument repair service
- Founder/VP Sales for vacuum pump repair service
- Founder/Managing Director for laboratory gas equipment company
- Environmental Manager/HAZ Waste Broker Sales for chemical blending firm
- Founder/Sales Mgr of an Environmental Laboratory
- Buyer for dairy cooperative with 26 plants
Education / Certifications / Training
- EMS 14001 Lead Auditor – IRCA
- HSMS 18001 Auditor – IRCA
- QMS 9001 Lead Auditor – BSI
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)